Just when you thought breakfast couldn’t get more awesome…protein-packed oatmeal!
Hold on to your hats, ladies. Today we’re talkin’ breakfast. And not just any breakfast, but our super amazing, life-changing, makes-your-tummy-do-a-happy-dance, favorite breakfast recipe of all time.
Yeah, yeah, you think. You’ve tried oatmeal before. But hear us out.
More and more evidence suggests that eating a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast might be the key to rockin’ our healthiest bodies. And what better way to get both than through a quick bowl of protein-packed oatmeal. Heck, we should call it wonder-meal! Okay, maybe not.
This oatmeal recipe has a special secret ingredient — we mix in an egg, making this bowl of oatmeal richer and creamier while also adding 7 grams of protein to the mix. And when you stir in a bit of honey or maple syrup and top it with some fresh fruit? Ahhh, heaven in a bowl.
Ready for more good news? A serving of this protein-packed oatmeal gets you 4 grams of fiber (you know, that great stuff that keeps you feeling full and satisfied), 12 grams of protein (yeehaw!), and plenty of vitamins and minerals to boot. If you have 3 extra minutes in the morning, you have time to whip up this tasty bowl of goodness. And why shouldn’t you? You deserve to start your day in the healthiest and happiest way possible, girlfriend!
½ cup old fashioned oats
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
Honey, brown sugar or maple syrup
1. Add the oats, water and salt to a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2. Remove bowl from the microwave and add a raw egg directly into the oatmeal. Stir quickly and thoroughly until the egg is completely mixed into the oatmeal.
3. Microwave for another minute, until oatmeal has a firmer, custard-like texture.
4. Stir in the sweetener (but don’t go overboard since the fruit will also add sweetness). Top with fresh fruit.
5. Enjoy, and feel awesome all day long!